Saturday, January 24, 2009

Joining the Dots....

I Muse, I Write, I Sing...

It's a great thing when you can marry your passions with your art. That's what I've been feeling all week. Like God is showing me how He's joining the dots together. :)

I feel it when I'm anchoring an editorial meeting for the Missions Newsletter, and brainstorming ideas for the publicity of food/clothing drives...when I'm doing research at the Esplanade library on documentary authorship....when I'm cracking my brains to write a meaningful article on child sponsorship.....when I'm thinking of ideas to inspire a choir to grow in passion and Godly authority. I'm blessed to be able to release my creativity into a meaningful cause, and to be in a position of influence.

What's not so great? Dealing with the reality that not everyone is as passionate or ready to run with the things that I care immensely about. Well actually, its more of dealing with my own impatience and my dislike of structure and timelines. But of course, I can't have everything as I want it to be. I'm learning that everyone is on their own journey as well. I just wish they'd get there faster. haha!

On a totally unrelated note....I don't understand why technology is breaking down on me all at once. Recently my fossil watch died on me....and then my handphone started to act up. I got both replaced, and NOW....my external hdd is getting dangerously temparemental (and I have to back-up the back-up! argh!), my hairdryer fried and died (literally), and the worst is this.....Went, my trusty iPod, needs to be sent for repair for unresponsive buttons. :(

I'm really not rich enough for this...

4 comments:

Dawn said...

oh no... poor thing... the iPod... i mean, YOU, cos of the iPod...

*pat pat*

Dawn said...

oh by the way, did u get inspiration for your caption from I Sing, I Dance, I Steal Things? :)

(oh...did i get the phrase rite?? hee)

Michelle-Lea said...

Yes i did, you caught the reference! Dawnie so clever! :)The original phase is "We sing, we dance, we steal things" lah!

I watched the Jason Mraz live dvd almost immediately after tt. hehe!

Dawn said...

aiya i got half it rite mah... hahaha. ok i try harder next time at remembering them lines!!!