Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Blown Away

I had an AMAZING thanksgiving/prayer/worship session with my vocal coaches just now. It was our very first too as a department! :) Priscilla and Geraldine actually come in on different days, so it's very difficult to get everyone together. Since it's term break, it was the perfect time for us girls to get together for some much needed bonding time...and of course to pray together.

I was a bit nervous leading the meeting...it's not really my thing, and I didn't really plan it that thoroughly either. If you know me, I much prefer being in the background. But I decided to let God take over, and flow through me...and it turned out to be a truly incredible time! Through that time, we encouraged each other with a time of thanksgiving and sharing of powerful testimonies from our classes. We got to hear each other's heartbeat, desires and even honest struggles. The feeling of seeing their faces light up as I shared with them my vision and dream for the students was so precious. :) It was then that I knew...we were really together in this! And I'm just so thankful that God is using me to challenge/inspire them to dream big. It's a privilege indeed.

It flowed into a time of prayer and worship in which we stood together to uphold the team and the students in prayer for 2008. God's presence was both sweet & powerful...I kept getting goosebumps. We've never sung together before as the vocal department....and the sound of worship that emerged was nothing short of heavenly and beautiful. After we ended....everyone's faces were radiant, and all we could muster up was a "Wow!" Thank you God for that precious, precious time! :) I'm looking forward to more of such sessions.

No comments: