Saturday, January 05, 2008

Random Ramblings

1) I can't believe Audrey and I ate twice at Thai Express today...for both our lunch and dinner. Of course we made sure we went to different branches to avoid embarrassment....and yes, we have the Thai Express card. :p We have a serious Tom Yum soup and chilli padi addiction. We requested for 2 extra servings of chilli sauce to go with our food too. And I don't think I'm sick of Thai Express yet. haha!

2) Term break is almost over....my days of sleeping obscene hours, reading voraciously and watching "Gilmore Girls" dvds for hours are coming to an end. I shall miss the reading the most methinks. :)

The start of a new term is always jittery....I hope the first week of term won't be too insane. On the brightside, I'm looking forward to having 3 fwens taking classes in BMI this term...Jason (Berno's keyboard class), Audrey & Glenn. Ok...I'm actually quite nervous abt Glenn being in my class, cos he's become a fwen, I dunno how to treat him like a student again. And he swears that he's going to be a riot and make me laugh in class. So how?

3) I'm counting down to my Sydney/Melb road trip with the Agents!! Michelle is leaving 31st Jan. Wheee! Michelle was always happy in Australia. :) I can't wait to go horse-riding again, breathe in the mountain air, gaze out at beautiful coastal scenery, browse happily in 2nd hand bookshops and just chill out with the gals. And oh yes....KRISPY KREME!!!! haha!

4) CONCERTS!!! I wanna go for Lee Ritenour's concert, which is part of the Mosaic Festival. I think it's probably the only concert that caught my interest....am a bit disappointed with this year's line up. There's a severe lack of strong female singer-songwriters! Like last year they had Rachael Yamagata and Tristan Prettyman. This year...nada, zilch. Sad.

I also wanna catch "We Will Rock You" (the musical by Queen) cos it's featuring MiG Ayesa of Rockstar INXS fame. :) I loved his voice in the show, and it would be great to hear him live.

5) Berno & I are such music geeks. The other day, I spied a stack of postcards that Maestro Music sent to us...and the entire design was just chords charts (featuring the more difficult chords). Very smart marketing move isn't it to target the musos? Practical and yet beautiful! Anyway, we got really excited and started taking piles of it for ourselves and our friends...then the madness escalated as we thought of using it as our cubicle wallpaper. Jo sighed and shook her head. Then Berno explained that we get easily excited over music notes and chord charts. Teehee!

No comments: