Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lifesongs

For the first time in years, I woke up at 6am. :)
I was on for choir duty in church, as part of my in-training for the vocalist ministry.
Sleepy and groggy, I made my commute down to church,
and the morning air was strangely refreshing.
(Strange, because I hardly ever get to experience that part of the day. haha!)

At the interchange, I bumped into Clara, an NTU student and the newest member of the choir.
It was a nice, easy chat as we made our way to church together.
In the chapel, we were greeted by more sleepy peepers, which was quite funny.
Instead of starting off us with the usual warm-up exercises,
Karen, the choir director got us to pair up to share and pray for each other.
I really liked that, and enjoyed my little time with Auntie Velina, this very dynamic lady who shared warmly about her family of 3 kids. :) Doing life together is so important.

In fact, the whole day was scattered with short, but lovely conversations with different members of the choir. Some were freshies like Clara, but some were 'old' pioneers from the first batch (*respect*) like Uncle Leslie, who really made me feel welcome. He's moving on to serve in the children's ministry soon though...as God is leading him there. :) What a wonderful heart! There was also Su-Lynn, a humble and gregarious lady who was serving in the choir with her teenage daughter! Isn't that beautiful??

Singing on stage in church again for the first time in years was truly awesome and fun....
I felt so richly blessed, but it's hearing the life stories of all the individuals that make up the choir, or rather this body of Christ that warmed my heart. Thanks Andrea for the opportunity! :) I hope I continue to fall in love with His church...

1 comment:

Andrea Khoo said...

Hello my purply fwen... glad you had a great first Sunday serving! There will be many more to come :)