Thursday, May 18, 2006

"Dear Friend"

Dear Friend,

I poured my heart out to you,
I shared with you my deepest secrets.
Perhaps I trusted too easily,
For you’ve rewarded my friendship with lies.
Should have looked out for false pretences,
Behind your seeming smiles of concern,.
Should have been on my guard,
Against a ‘friend’ like you.

How do you sleep at night?
How do you live with yourself
After spreading vicious tales?
You’ve twisted my words,
Painted me out to be a fool.
You think you know better,
But you’ve only made a mess.
I hope you’re happy now.

As the madness unfolds,
and the fury escalates,
You hide behind curtains of guilt.
But one day, the truth will be disclosed.
What will you do then?
Faced with your own deceit and cowardice.
Tell me,
Who'll be your friend then?
Who’ll be on your side?

Save your excuses.
It's too late now.

Like wormwood,
You leave a bitter taste in the mouth.
Like Wormwood,
your words are poison.

Keep your distance from me.
You don’t even know me.

No comments: