Friday, May 12, 2006

Wisdom

During my class today, I was urging my students to think about the core message behind the song ‘Open the eyes of my heart’, as part of their homework. I gave them this clue, "well obviously our heart doesn’t have physical eyes….so what was the song-writer referring to?". My autistic kid quickly and enthusiastically shouted out, "SPIRITUAL EYES!"

All of us in that classroom smiled at each other. It was such a heart-warming moment. Sometimes I think she’s the one blessing us, and teaching us, rather than the other way round. Isn’t it astounding how wise children can be? It seems like such an obvious answer…..but many of the adults in my class usually take a while to derive that answer.

(btw, my kid lingered around after class to ask me "how is my singing?" Bless her soul, that precious kid! She has been improving tremendously…and I encouraged her with that. Whenever I see her praying, worshipping, with her hands lifted up so simply…..it truly warms my heart. Thank you Jesus!)

No comments: