Monday, May 15, 2006

Stereoscopic Vision

"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know:
the only ones among you who will be really happy are those
who will have sought and found how to serve."
- Albert Schweitzer-
"The gift of ourselves in total submission to God is a sacrifice in which, far from losing anything, we gain everything and recover, in a more perfect mode of possession, even what we seem to have lost. For at the very moment when we give ourselves to God, God gives Himself to us." - Thomas Merton
" So now, from this mad passion
Which made me take art for an idol and a king
I have learnt the burden of error that it bore
And what misfortune springs from man's desire...
The world's frivolities have robbed me of the time
That I was given for reflecting upon God."
- Michelangelo
"If you read history you will find out that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next." - C. S Lewis

No comments: