Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beyond Measure

I know I haven't been blogging at length or even in depth lately about what's really going on in my life and all. But the days have been really packed for me, so by the time I come home...I'm so tired I can barely muster enough energy to write about the frivalous stuff. :p If you wanna know the personal stuff, we can meet up n chat over a cuppa yeah? Blogs are just too public. :)

I've been singing in church the past 2 weeks...yeah, back to back. While it can be challenging waking up at 5.30am (I can only sleep properly if I take flu medication. haha!), it's been a joy and loads of fun to serve. I realize that it's only been about 6 months since I joined the worship & music ministry, integrated into cell....and joined the church as staff! Honestly, it seems so much longer than that. But anyway, my point is....I feel so blessed to have this community, truly blessed beyond measure. The fellowship rocks! And as Andrea said, with musos...there's always that connection. :) It's just great to be on the stage with an awesome team of musicians who've "got your back," (haha! JM reference), then to look into the congregation and recognise loads more familiar faces, all with their own life stories and testimonies. And we're all in this together.....serving God, loving His people....running towards His heart.

Hmm, even as I write this...I think God is renewing the excitement in my heart, for the power of the church. :)

I'm bound for KL this coming weekend for the Passion Conference (with Chris Tomlin & Louie Giglio), and Wayne & Libby Huirua (who used to front Parachute Band) will be in our church the N'day weekend to spend some precious time with the worship min. I'm really looking forward to it! I think it's gonna be real inspiring to hear from the hearts of such lavish worshippers. :)

No comments: