Saturday, July 12, 2008

Excite my heart Lord....

This is my first week into a new term and season...being a full-time part-timer. haha! As in I'm part-time in BMI, and part-time in church. I'm glad to say that I've survived the week pretty well....and that it's been filled with many special God moments. :)

While it has been a packed and bz week, God has enabled me to connect to pple I love most in some way. Some fwens are away (out of the country or just not in the same company anymore), but the msges have still been flying around btw us; God has rekindled old friendships...some special pple I've not been able to meet for years cos of bz schedules; He's strengthened existing ones...it's amazing how God uses us to speak into each other lives. We never realize the full impact of releasing a word into a dear fren's life, until we obey His prompting. And then we stand back in amazement at how wonderful our God is...He knows exactly what we need to hear.

Through the fellowship of fellow musos, He's excited my heart once again with new possibilities, plans, avenues for creativity that I've not even begun to imagine. Just when I think I'm in a rut, God blows my mind and shows me a whole other level! Thank You Lord! :)

We had our first cell group session last night, after a month's break. It was just great seeing everyone again. And we had a truly super 'opening' too. Arun was just strumming away on his guitar, n somehow, I dunno how...Jeremy started singing "Zombie" by The Cranberries. The best part was how everyone automatically joined him at the chorus "IN YOUR HEEEEAADDDD, IN YOUR HEAAADDD, ZOMBIEEE, ZOMBIEEE". It was freaking hilarious!
haha!

But aside from the laughs that we shared, I think there was something new stirring in the atmosphere of worship too. A new hunger, desperation and faith level rising up. I've never heard the cell worship in this way! Andrea agreed..and it was just beautiful. It's something we've been praying and longing for....more pressing into God's heart as a body, as a church. Perhaps it's because a lot of us are going through a season of transitions, or uncertainty..and it's made us more reliant upon God. It's been humbling.

I'm just so grateful for this community. :) It's a blessing to have each other in this journey.

I was listening to the new Planetshakers album. "All for love"...and was pleasantly surprised to hear them covering this old song 'Come Holy Spirit'. It just kinda clicked with my heart....I think we all need that right now, His Holy Spirit to fall afresh on us....so that we can find new strength to serve n love, new inspiration to dream and write God songs, new courage to go into unchartered territory and more.


"Come Holy Spirit
Fall afresh on me
Fill me with Your power
Satisfy my need
Only You can make me whole
Give me strength to make me grow
Come Holy Spirit
Fall afresh on me."

2 comments:

Andrea Khoo said...

My Purply Fwen, I thank God for you! And I can't believe we're in the same office again... sweet :)

Pink Fwen

Michelle-Lea said...

Awwww, so sweet!! :) I thank God for you too!!!