Saturday, July 05, 2008

Rejuvenation

Today was the most rested Sat I've had in months!! *happy*
I woke up at 12.30pm....something I could not do all week....and have never been able to do during term cos I work Sats. It was a good time for me to catch up on my sleep debt. Then I had a long lunch, drank my coffee & read the papers. *shiokness!* I logged on to the internet and blogged a bit.....then watched my "Corinne Bailey Rae Live in New York" Dvd. Good stuff! After which, I lazed on my bed to read The Chronicles of Narnia while listening to Alarice and John Mayer on my iPod. :)

I made my way to City hall to meet Jason for dinner. He finished his last day of work yesterday, coincidentally Independence Day (haha!)...and is now officially free to live a life of leisure until he does his Masters in Melb next year. So suffice to say, he was in a pretty happy mood. Dinner was simple & relaxed, a good time of catching up......we browsed around some photography bookshop after that....and then I met my doom at Sembawang Music. I actually told him I didn't want to go in....but he wanted to. Aiyah...so inside, I ACCIDENTALLY spotted the "John Mayer (Live in L.A)- Where the Light Is" DVD, which I thought was not out yet...cos HMV said so. So what to do right? Have to buy mah! It was only $25, cheaper than the cd! Hiyah....all Jason's fault lah!

Hmmm..but now my JM collection is complete!! :) Dvd and double cd set! Abi is NOT allowing me to watch it without her tho'. Dunno how ah....everyday stare at it. Suffering man!

We took a slow walk to Jazz@South Bridge....and it was a real treat cos instead of the usual line-up with Alemay, there was some special concert going on by this electric guitarist from Hong Kong, Eugene something. Kerong was wicked on the red hot Nord, saw some ang moh saxphonist from Blujazz, and we also spotted Jeremy Monteiro sitting opposite us!! We got very excited! haha! Perhaps he played in the later sets...too bad we didn't stay long enuff to find out. They played some great original compositions tonight. Brilliant stuff! Really rejuvenated our souls I think. :) And there was free Erdinger beer, cos Jason treated...so Mich is very contented.

Camera shy Jason

I'm surprised...but awfully glad that today was such a pleasant, restful day for me. You know how sometimes you have the whole day free, but fatigue just doesn't allow you to fully enjoy it? Today was just lovely though. :) Tmrw has more musical inspiration in store as I head down to Esplanade to watch Alarice. Nigel is playing guit for her again. Looking fwd to it! I think after that...I should rested enough to face the intense new work week. Yupz, it's gonna be crazy as I shuffle between BMI and church for the next few months. God grant me strength! :)


No comments: