Monday, July 21, 2008

Death by Grooviness

he turns me to mush...

2 drummers, 2 bassists, 3 electric guitarists, and a horn section playing on stage simultaneously. Mich is about to die from grooviness!!! Watch this video of John Mayer's big band finale- "Belief", taken from his "Where the light is" dvd. I think it's the best number in the whole dvd. You can't really tell that so many of them are playing at the same time from the audio recording....they're so tight, so clean!

Plug in your headphones to hear the basslines properly btw. Hmm...but even then, it's best to hear the original cd/ dvd.

Go out and buy the dvd!!!! Then go home, watch and weep man. :)

JM footnotes:
=====================
Abi: *randomly on msn in the office* "Why Georgia why???"
Mich: Huh? You mean you can hear me playing it from my iPod meh? (my iPod was playing that song on speakers from my cubicle. But we're like seated at opposite ends of the office)
Abi: NOOOOOOO!! I'm playing it at my desk!
Mich: Eeeeeeeee!!!! So freaky!! Not again!
Abi: Oh grosss!!!!

[Later again at night...Mich's msn nickname has been changed to "Standing here with my heart in my hand"-JM]
Mich: Abi!!! Do you recognise the song from which those lyrics come from?
Abi: Yes. I was listening to that song a few secs ago.
Mich: WHAT? "DAUGHTERS"???
Abi: Yahhh!!
Mich: Oh gross!!! AGAIN!!!!!
Abi: Yuckz!! Eeeeeee!!

Andrea: *on msn* "she's always buzzing like..."
Mich: *thinks "OH I KNOW!! I KNOW!!* "NEON, NEON!!!!"

3 comments:

Dawn said...

madness...utter madness...
JM will be, errr, impressed.

Michelle-Lea said...

Oh Dawnie!! haha! *hugz*

Andrea Khoo said...

JM should be impressed...we weave the quotes into our conversation ok, they are not random quotes... dun pray pray! Haha!