Monday, July 21, 2008

In Shock

A student came to the counter earlier this evening, to ask for the toilet key. I went to fetch it, and when I returned, I saw her rolling her eyes, and her face turned ashen. I was talking to her but she didn't seem to notice. Then as I was getting the creeps, she collapsed from behind the counter. I was shell-shocked and totally ill-equipped to deal with the situation at hand. I called for help and some of the other coaches came quickly.

Thank goodness we had Geraldine who used to work in a hospital. Thank God the student recovered relatively quickly too. We gave her a hot honey drink while she sat and waited for the giddiness to clear. Turns out she fainted before from abdominal pain. It was a good thing she didn't faint in the toilet. Geraldine accompanied her back home as they stay opposite each other.

Yes, a very drama nite....very "House". I'm so not equipped to handle this.

No comments: