Friday, June 06, 2008

Connect

One of my fav old BMI pics

About 2 weeks ago, I had a weird dream....that my parents lost our flat (again!), and we had to stay with some relative while we searched for a new place. I was feeling very pissed (in the dream), but what really ticked me off was that there was no internet connection at the relative's house. Ok, sounds quite frivalous in that context right?

Well, I shared this dream with Berno....and instead of saying pseudo-psycho dream analysis babble like "your dream reveals a fear of being uprooted again" or "you have an unhealthy obsession with the internet," the sweet, insightful one smiled and said, "but of course, you love being connected to people! So naturally you would feel frustrated when you're cut off from your friends."

Wow. This girl knows me better than I know myself.
I'm so going to miss her when she leaves BMI...along with those who have left already.
Last week 2 ex-BMI coaches, Mich Poh and Danny came down for surprise visits.
It was really funny, each time I opened the door to head to class, I would be surprised by a friendly face, and end up hugging someone. haha!

Mich Poh showed us pictures of her adorable chinese-dutch baby, Krabi...who's showing talent for the drums at 22 mths. :)
Danny even came bearing gifts....a purple stuffed toy flower (those Toys'r'us kind) for me, and a yellow one for Berno. :)

I really treasure these frens.
And there are more of you whom I've not seen in a while, and miss terribly too.
Yes, I know people come and go, and I have to learn how to deal.
But it's not easy for me, well...being the way that I am.

2 comments:

extravaganza said...

danny came?! how come i dunno! why he never say hi to me?! --abi--

Michelle-Lea said...

Bcos he loves meeeeeee! ahhahaha! Aiyah, you were in class lah I think.