Sunday, June 08, 2008

Finding My Faith

"To believe is to begin"- Brooke Fraser

Am finding myself at that point where God is stripping away all the stuff that my 'security' is built on. So what am I left with when all that is familiar, or held closely to my heart is taken away?

My faith.

"Strong Son of God, immortal Love,
whom we, that have not see thy face,
By faith, and faith alone, embrace,
Believing where we cannot prove;

Thine are these orbs of light and shade;
Thou madest Life in man and brute;
Thou madest Death; and lo, thy foot
Is on the skull which thou hast made.

Thou wilt not leave us in the dust:
Thou madest man, he knows not why;
He thinks he was not made to die;
And thou hast made him: thou art just.

Thou seemest human and divine,
The highest, holiest, manhood, thou:
Our wills are ours, we know not how;
Our wills are ours, to make them thine.

Our little systems have their day;
They have their day and cease to be:
They are but broken lights of thee,
And thou, O Lord, art more than they."
- 'From In Memoriam, A.H.H' by Alfred Tennyson

2 comments:

marc's the name said...

Greetings from Japan my FWEN! How are you doing? Miss you guys back in Singapore! Anyway, I saw the apology mail with regards to the mail you sent to your friends on my behalf with regards to my support raising. So sorry to have bothered you and once again really appreciate you help! Ministry in Japan has been interesting though it really takes a lot for the Japanese to believe. I believe that God is doing a good work and looking forward to seeing more of my newly made Japanese friends receive the greatest gift, Jesus! Keep my team in prayer ok? Thank You.

Arigatou and Ja Ne! :)

Michelle-Lea said...

Hey Green Tea Muffin!! haha! You still read my blog while you're there...i'm amazed. :)

Don't worry about the email thingy. Anyway, have been praying for your team. I'm proud of you. Press on in ministering to the Japanese. :)