Thursday, June 12, 2008

Get your praise on!

To be absolutely honest, it doesn't come naturally for me to 'count my blessings'....being the emo person that I am. (the emo-ness is fantastic for music...but not so fantastic for one's personal life.) But I'm learning to be content and grateful with what I have, and wherever God has placed me. :) In the words of Israel Houghton & New Breed, it's time to "get your praise on!" And truly, it's an important habit to cultivate.

And here are a few reasons why I'm giving thanks:
=============================================
1) I'm in the midst of organising a few jamming/ gigging sessions with good frens!!! Oh boy, this is gonna be so fun if it works out.

2) Am planning a trip to the recording studio too...to get some proper demos done. :) Am eager to hang out with Kuching Boy too at the recording studio, as he works on his album. I'm so happy for him...that his dream is materialising. I was with him since day one as a struggling songwriter...and he's come so far now. :)

3) My colleague Daniel Wilson's baby girl, Faith, was delivered today!! yay! :)

4) The new fwens that God has blessed me with this year. I really treasure these precious God connections. To be able to be totally real and honest with these fwens is just wonderful. :) Being able to talk crap together is as important as having those heart-to-heart talks. Know what I mean?

5) Muffin Boy is having a really fruitful mission trip in Japan. I'm so proud of him, and happy for him that he's learning and growing so much in God! Hearing his excitement over gmail chat is so heartwarming. :)

6) Term break is coming soon!!!!

7) My parents are heading to KL over the weekend, soooo, it's gonna be pyjama party time as Audrey stays over tmrw nite!! We're gonna have beers or vodka, eat popcorn, and watch Return of The King, as we drool over Aragorn in all his dirty, rugged glory. haha!

8) For the choir prac that I just came home from! Being able to sing really chases the blues/ stress away for me. :) And of course, I'm loving the fellowship of the choir members. I was particularly entertained and literally tickled by the naughty Alicia. Just hearing her laugh (often at nothing), cheers me up. :)

After choir prac, we were having kopi/teh at the atrium when they made us take this pic cos they thought we looked very cute together...like M&M colours. haha!

L-R: Man Kam, Mich, Clara

No comments: