Monday, June 30, 2008

Soul Cravings

It's my last day of semi-lazing around before my term break comes to an end. I haven't been very successful in bumming around actually....cos my schedule has been pretty packed still. And so I try to find pockets of space to rest, dream, play music and write. A part of me wishes that time would just stand still for a while, until my soul is nourished and well rested. But well.....life is determined to zip on by.

This evening I headed down to Vivo for dinner with Glenn before he flies off to Sydney for a jolly good time with Darlene, Joel, Brooke & Frens (ie. Hillsong Conference 2008). Glenn's like one of the rare few souls who shares my love for the Aussie accent (it makes me happy cos it reminds me of holidays). So when we get together to talk, the Aussie accent comes on pretty naturally...and conversation is peppered freely with "yeahhhh"s and "noiiii" (no in Australian) etc. I love it. haha! In fact, we spotted this shop called "Loang and Noi" on the ground floor. It sounds Vietnamese or Cambodian but Glenn's convinced that it's actually the Aussie pronunciation of "Long and no." haha! Hilarious!

Yeah, it's good to be able to talk crap and burst into random topics with your good fwens. :) Oh and listen to this...

Glenn: Do you like my shirt?
[it's a normal, long-sleeved white shirt]
Mich: *blank look*
Glenn: *adds on* It's from GAP.
Mich: *excitedly* Oh yes!! I love it! GAP rocks!
[We're superficial...but at least we know it. ahha!]

Anyway, here are some pics I took from the evening.....

The bear lamp beside our table at Marche which reminded me of Narnia! So cute right?
They had cow lamps too.

We hung out at Pacific Coffee for drinks after dinner. The drinks suck, but the view is great and they have fabulous swing seats!! :) You can see the chains from our swing seat on the left. That's the pretty night view of Sentosa from our swing. I dared Glenn to swing so hard until we knocked into the table from the Thai restaurant behind us. haha! We tried...but weren't very successful.

Me reading Narnia on the swing while Glenn went to buy our drinks.
My soul craves for more of such quiet moments to fill my tank.
Time to be still, to breathe...

I was walking home and listening to music on my iPod....
It's my way of making space to slow down.
So I looked up at the trees, the stars in the midnight blue sky.
Then I felt a surge of longing in my heart....a silent cry.
I didn't have to say a word. God understood.
He replied, "I know my child."

No comments: