Sunday, June 22, 2008

Girls' Nite Out @ Timbre, Arts House

Last night was the last day of term for me (i.e TERM BREAK!), and it was Dawn's last week of a whole month's of gruelling group work sessions. It called for a celebration, a much needed chill-out session over live music & BEER! So we headed down to Timbre, Arts House, where E.I.C was playing.

Girls' Nite Out!!! We were looking forward to it for the whole week.
On my way to Arts House from Clarke Quay, I was surprised by an explosion of beautiful fireworks from Marina Bay. I thought it was a 'present' from God (haha!) and I almost walked into a pole. Of course....I found out later that it was from NDP rehearsals. Duh Michelle!

Whoa-oh-oh...beer be the solution!

Dawnie is pleased as punch with her biru! (Jap for beer)

And guess who was at Timbre with his frens too?? Glenn the fwen, who is always entertaining and amusing. Erm, we're doing the sign for 'Chorus' there....I'm not sure why either. But Glenny sure looks happy! haha!

Happily Sloshed! Literally, 'Livin' High'. haha!

And what do we do when we're sloshed? We tell Rai (the lead singer) that we think he's hot on the song request form (it's the last line). And being the Jason Mraz groupies that we are....we requested for a JM song! We got Curbside Prophet in the end.

E.I.C who entertained us with their bluesy, soulful, and sometimes country music. haha! Funny boys lah! They ended their set with John Mayer's "Say" which made us very very happy. Dawn bravely went up to front of the stage to take a video of them playing that song. They gamely posed for her. haha! Will upload that video soon.

Parting shots. We tried to look emo, it turned out really bad. Here's our 'pseudo-band-wannabe-publicity-shot'.

It was a draining work week, but I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend with my wonderful gfs, Erica & Dawnie!! You girls rock! Thanks for the cozy company...really enjoyed the candid girly chats and the huge laughs we had. :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

it was fun :) thanks for the company!