Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dawn Treader


The other day...I was feeling a bit tired & down. Fatigue from work, a mix of issues, and coping with colleagues who are leaving (I'm glad they're moving on, but I'm sad that we won't get to see each other so frequently anymore too.) Plus, dealing with my own personal uncertainty as I step into a new season of my life. I'm getting better at handling the uncertainty, and following God as He leads me step by step. But occasionally, there are thoughts that slip in like "am I making a mistake?" or "is it going to be ok?"

So I was on the bus with a heavy heart.....when I saw this magical scene out of my window-
a shower of golden leaves, dancing in the wind. It seemed like something out of Narnia. I stared on in wonder as nature's delicate waltz lasted for slightly under a minute. At the same time, Corrinne May's "Beautiful Seed" was playing on my iPod like the perfect soundtrack! I haven't listened to her for a long time, and I don't know why I just happened to click on her song that day. But it was such a surreal moment.

"you can be a witness, you can be a prophet
you can make the whole world believe
break the strongest fortress
change the way the world thinks
You can build a bridge where foes can meet
Hope for the future, in the tiniest whisper
Dreams are what we make them to be
There is hope in every heartbeat
Tiny as it seems
You're a beautiful seed."- Corrinne May, 'Beautiful Seed'

I know that moment was a gift from God....reassuring me that everything's gonna be alright, that despite my flaws, He sees me as a beautiful seed. As emo as I can get sometimes, as fragile as my faith is sometimes...I think that deep inside, I'm really someone hopeful. Afterall, despair is a very draining business in the long run. Yeah, so keep me where the light is. :) Thank You God....for renewing hope within me.....hope which the world tries to beat out of me sometimes. :)

Then Abi was showing me Berno's Narnia's box set in the office. Almost immediately, my attention was drawn to the book 'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader'. I thought...what a beautiful phrase. And that's really what I want to be- a dawn treader. :)

No comments: