Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Bibliophile is Back!

I have one more week of leave left, and I'm going to try and do some serious catching up on my reading and dvds. I know I've had term breaks before, but I've been feeling particularly hermitty this round...really don't fancy the idea of going out much. Think I really need to get inspired again man!

Well, so here's the list of books and dvds I'm attempting to read/watch during my break. :)

1) "No Compromise-The Life Story of Keith Green" by Melody Green and David Hazard

2) "Good News About Injustice" by Gary Haugen

3) "Through Painted Deserts" by Donald Miller
(One of my fav Christian writers....this bk was a bday pressie from Andie!)

4) "Finding God in Unexpected Places"- Philip Yancey

5) 24 season 6
(Jack Bauer!!!)

7) Jason Mraz Live dvd
(This is from the limited edition 2 cd/1 dvd set. A smashing Christmas pressie from Shirley! As you can see, I'm preparing myself for Jason Mraz's real concert here in March.)

8) "The Swell Season- Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova live from the Artists Den" dvd
(This dvd features an intimate live performance from the two lead actors/musicians on the movie "Once." I've actually watched this twice already. But I'm quite in love with it, so it shall be on repeat mode for a while. I cried when Glen Hansard sang his first note. His emotional intensity is so stirring. Yet again, another fabulous Christmas present...this one's from Glenn.)

No comments: