Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Trying To Pull Myself Away"

Last week over dinner at Blu Jaz:
=================================
Mich: *hands Jason his bday cum Christmas pressies...a burnt copy of John Mayer's "Where the light is" album is included in the bundle*
Jason: *eyes widen excitedly as he picks up the JM cd* There IS a God!
[this was AFTER he and his bro had watched, gone nuts and seriously considered
burning the JM "Where the light is" dvd which I had lent them.]
Mich: .......

I still can't believe Jason said that! haha! This is why people sometimes find us musos a lil eccentric. So funny lah that boy...we had a farewell dinner of sorts last week. Had a really good time catching up, learning the basics of photography (me), and discovering Tiramisu tea (oooh..it was good!) at a little cafe at Bali lane. I'm going to miss him when he flies off to Melbourne for God-knows-how-many-years. I felt seriously emo after we parted....I think my heart has been struggling with the series of goodbyes and departures I've had in a month.

I need a break from farewells...they're just emotionally complicated. Sigh.

No comments: