Saturday, December 06, 2008

Happy Me Day 2008!

Birthday celebration @ Brewerkz

It was me birthday last week, and I had a blast with a whole string of bday gatherings throughout the week! :) Thank you guys so much for the overwhelming flood of bday greetings and the wonderful pressies. My wish-list is near complete! Wow! :) *Mich feels the love :)* I'm quite tickled by the sheer number of cds I've received this year. haha!

But above all the gifts, I really treasured the time spent catching up, or just hanging out with different ones of you. :) I had a cozy dinner with Andie and Berno last Weds at that Jap Marche place at Raffles City. We've been celebrating each other's bdays for years. :) Great food, great company and what a beautiful time sharing our dreams with each other. It's an amazing thing to share common passions and to be able to support each other in that journey.

Sat I met up with Lishan, my sec sch fren for tea. She was my best friend since Pri 2 and we've really seen the best and the worst of each other. We've not met up for many months, but its fantastic how we can just pick up from where we left off.

In the evening, Glenn and I went Christmas shopping for our Compassion kids (we are both sponsoring kids in Indonesia & Philippines respectively. Joel would so approve. haha!) before checking out the new Timbre @ Old School. It was random comments and laughs galore as usual with Glenn. Timbre @ Old School got the thumbs up from us for its retro vibe (they were playing 80s music before the band came on! I actually heard Square Rooms! haha!), and its unique ambience (Mich loves twinkle lights). It's literally set in an old school compound. Very quiet and spacious....great place to take photos. :)

Then on Sun, it was a gathering @ Brewerkz with the BMI/ex-BMI gang. haha! I really enjoyed catching up with my dear fwens at one of my fav hang-outs. Most of us are moving on to a different season of life, and I think it was with great joy that we shared with each other our plans and dreams. As the food and beer flowed freely, so did the conversation and laughter. And before we knew it, it was time to go home. Wish I had more time to spend with these guys. :)

Thank God for fwenships! :) Here are some pics taken by Jason from that refreshing evening.

Berno!! My lifeline and one of my bestest fwens.

With Danny my boo fwen whom I've missed dearly.

Abi and Erica wrote me a totally nonsense running commentary of their journey to buy me a birthday card (like 500 words worth) all squeezed in tiny handwriting on the above card. This is randomness in print! Totally ridiculous! And they forced me to read it aloud in front of everyone. Man...that took so long. And I knew it was gonna be totally pointless right from the start.

Abi laughing at my expense. But its ok, cos she gave me a fabulous looking scarf as a pressie. haha!

Erica amusing us with her super entertaining stories.

Danny got all dressed up for the occasion...and was a bit sad that I chose al fresco seats. haha! Oops!

Abi made the worst mistake a photographer could make. She accidentally deleted our good group photos. *slaps forehead*

The gang. Top row (L-R): Abi, Berno, Henry Choo.
Bottom row (L-R): Danny, Jason, me, Erica, Muffin

3 comments:

LINGS BAKES said...

brudder, after i saw myself listed as one of the bloggers, i've decided to blog again. so, thanks for reviving my interest in blogging!

Michelle-Lea said...

Yay!!! That's gd to hear! :)

extravaganza said...

the card was HOW COOL?>!?!?!?!?!