Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Love in the shadows

Lately, it's been a struggle to worship, and to find joy. And I feel really really tired.
I desperately want to escape, but I know I cannot shirk my responsibilities.
Even the music seems empty these days.
My soul craves for inspiration and release.
My heart badly needs restoration.

Christmas is fast approaching....I can't believe how time flies.
I was playing around with my keyboard, feeling quite miserable...and really not knowing what to sing or play.
And somehow God led me to this song from Corrinne May's Christmas album, "The Answer".
I started singing and playing it, albeit a little reluctantly initially,
but soon enough, I felt a glimmer of hope arise.
"Love in the shadows" as Joel would say.

[Thanks Dawnie for being my fiercely protective and supportive fwen. Yes, you understand when many others don't. I heart u. :)]


The Answer (by Corrinne May)
==================================
I believe you are the answer to every tear I've cried
I believe that You are with me
My rising and my light

Give me strength when I am weary
Give me hope when I can't see
Through the crosses I must carry
Lord, bind my heart to thee

That when all my days are over
and all my chores are done
I may see Your risen Glory
Forever where you are


5 comments:

Andrea Khoo said...

*HUGS*

Dawn said...

HEEEEEEYAHHH!!!!!!!! karate chop!!! :)

Michelle-Lea said...

haha! Thanks babe! :) *hugz*

me said...

find hope in truth. haha, though it's like tough like WHAT. but yeah, it gets tiring to stay that way. Hope you're out! Cause it sure feels much better knowing we can hope in the one that brings us,well,hope! haha duno if im making any sense. But yar

Psalms 23. EVEN in the shadows, He's there =)

Quote (unashamed) High School Musical 3 Can i have this dance song.

Oh take it as Jesus is saying this. Hehehe

"Take my hand, i'll take the lead, and every turn, will be safe with me. Don't be afraid, afraid to fall. You know i'll catch you, Through It All"

Good day =)

Michelle-Lea said...

Thanks Sam! That HSM 3 quote (from Jesus' perspective) was actually very touching. :)

Btw, it took me a while to realize it was YOU leaving tt comment. haha! I only realized when I saw the HSM stuff. haha!

Hope you're doing gd in the midst of the busyness! :)