Friday, December 12, 2008

Notes from Randomland

1) Abi and I decided to watch some music geek movie, "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist," this coming Mon. AFTER i booked and paid for the tix online, I remembered at 5.23am in the morning (couldn't sleep cos of the power Teh-Peng from Downtown East fd court), that Abi has make-up classes to teach on Mon!! RAWR!!! So I had to go down to the Cathay box office today to ask if they would let me change the date of the movie. Thank gdness they did!

2) **On msn earlier this week**
Mich: Btw I'm teaching my last class at BMI tmrw.
Glenn: Oh. It's been quite a journey.
Mich: Why are YOU giving MY thank you speech??
Glenn: I'm not!!
Mich: You are so stealing my thunder! This is MY moment! Let's start over....it's been quite a ride. :)

So I taught my last class at BMI on Tues. A lot of people have been asking me how it felt. Truth is...I haven't had time to process my emotions. Although sometimes I feel these waves of emotion sweep over me when I sit down and think about the past 5 years. But..I shall not go there. Not now. I have lots of music and writing to work on.

3) I bought my Yellow Jackets Mosaic Festival tix!! Am looking forward to attending the concert with Cheryl, Dawnie and Ricky! :) Andie & Reggie are sitting in the 1st row! Wah fierce!

4) My aunt and cousins from Sabah are in town and "terrorising me" with a vengeance. haha! But it's always bucketloads of fun hanging out with them. :) Sabrina, the "baby" of the family is already 17, but she's still very chirpy, child-like and into hugs and all that stuff. So it's quite sweet that she hasn't gone into the "I'm too cool for physical affection" stage. Aeron, at 23 years old, is also the same. As cheeky as ever.

Today we went shopping at Raffles City, had a HUGE dinner at Tony Roma's (where 1/2 a chicken looks like a turkey), and then headed home to chill over Krispy Kreme donuts and wine. And in between the food and music talk (they insist that I'm a John Mayer groupie), the latest family gossip/secrets came out. haha! I think we're going to do the touristy thing and go on the Singapore Flyer on Mon. haha! Let's see how that field trip goes.

5) I finished reading Chris Tomlin's book, "The way I was made". :) Now Abi's reading it. This was what he wrote at the start of the book, "dedicated to my mum and dad. I love you." Awwww! And then, we learn that he calls his grandparents, "Mamaw" and "Papaw." *melt* And yes, he actually dates although he's still single at 35, cos in his book he wrote about how he asked this girl out in high school, and when she said yes, he was so happy he called up every guy he knew. hahaha! So cute lah Chris. :)

6) I start my leave next week, and I'm more or less off work until 5th Jan 2009. I still have pockets of work in between, but I'm hoping to get some rest before I begin full-time ministry in 2009. AND READ! I really want to catch up on my reading. :) If you wanna meet up, just buzz me. Better catch me now before the new year starts. haha!

7) **on the bus with muffin**
Mich: *randomly* Do you know that Joel has Scottish roots?? :)
Muffin: !?!? Do I look like I care?
Mich: Do I look like I care whether you care? I just wanted to say it. :)
Muffin: How did you even find out?
Mich: His mummy, Bobbie, told me.
Muffin: What??
Mich: Aiyah, I read her blog lah!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

chris tomlin is still single, wow. wat a great testimony! hahaha. love this fact.

and i wanted to watch the norah show too after reading the review in the papers!!! hahaha.

Michelle-Lea said...

Joel is also single. :) haha!

Yeah, it was the newspper review that got me interested in the movie. We so same same! :)

Dawn said...

chris puts things in perspective cos he's 35. not spring chicken anymore. haha. i've had enough of lovey dovey shite for the moment. heh heh. joel, still young rite?

eh maybe monday i might just watch the show too. haha. yay we same same.

Michelle-Lea said...

Chris gets better with age...so its no matter that he's no spring chicken. haha! Joel is 29 years old.:)Oh no, you've had enough of lovey dovey shite. Did I annoy you with my "Once" post then?

Btw, i'm not watching "Nick and Norah" on Mon...changed to Weds liao. Cos of Abi lah! I will see you on tues my dear. :)