Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Gift For A Music Geek

"Music is an outburst of the soul."-Frederick Delius

I'm pleased as punch about my new bday cum Christmas pressie from Dawnie. She gave me a "music journal"! I know you can't read the words cos its actually inverted...but it says, "MUSIC TO CHECK OUT: A Do-It-Yourself Music Guide." So cool right? It helps you to keep track of new tunes you wanna hear, write your own music reviews, and create different playlists. Plus there's a resource section with a list of websites/stores/radio stations to explore, quotes on music by famous pple like Shakespeare and Leo Tolstoy...and a nifty pocket in the back to store concert tix! This lil notebook has thought of everything. :)

The review pages are my fav section. Apart from the normal info like artist/album/genre...there's also a section for you to write "fav tracks" AND "fav lyrics"!!
Finally, you score your ratings by "guitars" instead of stars (see above). 5 guitars being the top score. haha! Awesome. Thanks Dawnie! :)

I was telling her that it feels like the perfect souvenir from the movie, "Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist," which I watched yesterday. It was a pretty nice movie....I loved the characters. :) And it somehow made me wanna live in New York. haha! It was quite funny how the people in front of us were laughing SO LOUDLY. Having a crowd that was so into the movie definitely made watching it more enjoyable.

OH! And the last song that was playing during the credits made me and Abi laugh out so loud. The song opens with the chorus, which goes, "you can kill me now, you can kill me now, if it makes your life better." I guess it reminded us of how emo and dramatic we can get. Plus, the lead singer sings it in a very quirky, chirpy manner (very Indie)...which made it all the more hilarious.

No comments: